Monday, September 1, 2014

Vacation 2014

Last year I thought it would be nice to take a vacation for about two months during the hot part of the Texas summer.  It took lots of planning to make reservations months in advance, plot the drives, try to meet up with friends ands family, save the money and make the arrangements for a leave of absence from work.

We left July 8, our first stop was at Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, Texas
 Here it is tradition to spray paint graffiti, so Larry painted the Warrzone brand.
 We got home August 27, 2014.  Larry got to spend his birthday driving over 700 miles.  I could not find anything I would want to do in Kansas so after a couple of stops on Nebraska, we wanted to get home.
August 26, Carhenge, in Nebraska, was one of the last places we visited.  I had seen a Yahoo post about the 10 best roadside attractions in the U.S. and this was on the list in addition to Cadillac Ranch.  It happened to be just a small detour from our original plans.

So we started with car art and ended with car art.

2 comments: