Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to Regular

Holiday season is over. I'm scheduled primarily at a register. Work 1 hour & got a call that someone in the family was hurt. Sally called & spoke with manager, the message to me was I needed to call my sister or dad the my niece was hurt in a back accident........there are no nieces on my side of the family. After checking out the 2 guests in my line, I called Sally for more info. Nathan had fallen through the ceiling from the attic to the garage floor & was on his way to the trauma center. Larry was driving Kelly. Hmmmmm I have no car, lucky for me, a friend of mine and Kelly's picked me up and took me downtown. Lucky for Nate, no severe injuries, a broken toe, injured tailbone (ouch) and he feels like he ran into a truck.

A few more notes on returns....I can't believe how bad clothes and almost any item returned by a smoker smells :(. I know they don't smell it as anything different, but boy do I.

Last week, several days after Christmas, the returners got worse. Most didn't have receipts & were mad if we didn't give them full value. Often they said they would go home and look for it. I had a older gentleman try to return a karaoke machine. Obviously used, I asked if there was a problem with it, he said in halting speech, no he had 2 of them. I asked again to clarify and give him the chance to say it was defective, but he said he had 2 and didn't want it. I told him sorry we can't take it back used. He threw it in the basket and by then it was broken......then his wife came up and told me he had had a stroke, and that the machine didn't work (describing the problem) I promptly refunded the money...she commented she tried to get him to stay home and let her do it.

Things should get a little boring now, but thats OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment