Monday, December 26, 2011

Survival

I survived the week before Christmas. I worked Guest Services almost everyday. 12/23 I cashiered....8 hours checking out items non-stop...barely got my breaks.

Now today for the returns, the shift is 11-7. There will probably be lots of unhappy people, unless they have receipts or proof of purchase. Lowest price paid, and only up to $70 in 12 months. The bad apples have made it sad for the honest people. Even the news last night informed the need for receipts, and possible restocking fees if opened. We don't have those, we just don't take back opened stuff someone decides they don't like. (someone wanted to return a starbucks 4pak drink after they opened one & didn't like the taste, the answer to that was no)

So many people brought back gift wrap & paper products....I guess they never have a use for it. Then regifters....we've had many people try to bring back gifts received (saved forever by someone) the items doesn't exist is system & no receipt = no $$$...oh yeah must be within 90 days of purchase. Oh yeah, lots of people come in after their child birthday party to return everything they can, I guess gifts must be exactly what you want! Sizing issues would be different, but thats not usually the case. They want the money. Maybe they should just have an admission price for the party instead of gifts. I even had people returning white elephant gifts, don't they know that the best of them should be regifted.

Now off to the Frontlines, I'll be the re-enforcement for those who were there at opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment