Sunday, November 27, 2011

Black Friday.

I can say I was there! The parking lot was full when I showed up at 11:30. Ha d to walk through barricades & show pass just to go to work. They had us do a silly cheer...I said I didn't know this was Walmart. We had 24 check stands open + 5 at guest services. Our store would only let about 20 people in at a time to avoid it truely looking like walmart. Some people were jumping & cheering as they came in. Electronics was wild. But the TV's were decided hours earlier in line with vouchers. The rush was over and the store pretty quiet & 6 check stands open at 3ish am. With all the extra staff, things were put back together really fast. We had some people trying to price match at guest services, but that's a no no on black friday. Most of the people were "serviced" were grumpy. They needed some sleep!

I worked Saturday again in guest services. A lot of that stuff people waited in line for hours for, they were returning the next day. Maybe it's the thrill of the shop...then they realized what they did and want their money back.

I will list some of the irritating returns or strange ones in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment