Monday, September 21, 2009

No More Butterflies

When we first moved here to Texas, I painted Hunter's bedroom lavendar with a white picket fence and butterflies and flowers. She was 8 at the time. Well Hunter is now 14 and was tired of the lavendar room about 2 years ago. So about 3 weeks ago I started painting. Lots of primer and 3 coats of bright green paint later she has a young adult bedroom. While I was painting the picket fence I decided I would never do that again, now after covering it up I really would never do that again.

Larry helped Kelly install a laminate floor in part of her house. What an education for both of them. But we're buying some of her left overs and will lay the flooring in our front 2 bedrooms. We plan laying tile in the great room and we're looking at bamboo for our bedroom, but that can change. Other than the 2 bedrooms, the work is planned for after Christmas. Larry has plently of projects to keep him busy in the meantime.

While we were on our mission there were some pretty strong thunderstorms with big hail that came through. Almost everyone around us was having their roofs replaced. No, our house was not missed. The insurance adjustor was out last week and agreed that our roof needs replaced. Larry is not doing that job, but it was determined that we also had damage to the fence. And Larry has been working on replacing it.

3 comments:

  1. Never a dull moment. I remember seeing Hunter's cute butterfly room on our quick visit. My parents old Armoire and all! Now we need to see pics of the new room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had planned a long time ago to paint a fence in Jenna's room-glad I never did. Now we need pictures of her new room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want pictures!!! Wait... your house is relatively new - doesn't the work ever stop?!!! Pictures please!
    Kandy

    ReplyDelete